Facts and Figures from Efteling’s World of Wonders
Efteling’s World of Wonders
- At the time of its opening in 1952, the original park included the Fairytale Forest with ten attractions, a playground, several miniature lakes, a tea house, a gift shop, four tennis courts, a paddling pool and a hectare of beautiful parkland.
- Today, Efteling’s World of Wonders includes the Efteling Theme Park, Hotel Efteling, Efteling Golf Park, Efteling Events, Efteling Media, Efteling Theatre Productions, Efteling Radio, and Efteling Village Bosrijk, which is set to open in December 2009
- Efteling believes in the importance of the environment and set the trend for its current environmental policies back in 1959 with the introduction of Big Mouth the paper gobbler. Efteling has initiated several environmentally friendly projects, including the constructed wetlands project that has been purifying the water supply since 1997 and the implementation of an air conditioning system that uses a cold-water source. The newest initiative is the energy recycling CHP system [link naar de informatie hierover] that is set to be used to heat the water in the indoor water park at Efteling Village Bosrijk, Efteling’s new holiday park.
- In addition, Efteling is proud of its careful landscaping and preservation of flora and fauna that thrive throughout the theme park, the golf park and the new Efteling Village Bosrijk holiday park.
- Annual Figures
||€ 94 million
||€ 95.5 million
||€ 100. 6 million
||€ 12.4 million
||€ 13.7 million
||€ 17.4 million
||€ 19.4 million
||€ 6.6 million
||€ 7.7 million
||€ 11.3 million
||€ 13.2 million
- National and International Awards
Over the years, Efteling has collected many national and international awards; something the Efteling takes is very proud of. Here is a list of the most important distinctions:
2005 Strongest Brand in the Netherlands
2004 THEA Classic Award, awarded by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) for Efteling’s 60 years of excellence in providing uniquely designed attractions in a beautiful natural setting. This award is the industry equivalent to a life time achievement award.
2003 Big E-Award, awarded by the IAAPA for best park show world-wide (Wonderlijke Efteling Show).
2002 National Innovation Award for the PandaDroom attraction, received in conjunction with the World Wildlife Fund
2001 Big E-Award awarded by the IAAPA for best park show world-wide (Efteling on Ice)
1999 Big E-Award awarded by the IAAPA for best park show world-wide (Efteling Sprookjesshow)
1992 Applause Award awarded by the IAAPA for best park show world-wide
1972 Pomme d´Or – the most distinguished European award for excellence in tourism
For more facts and figures click on one of the links below:
Efteling Theme Park
Efteling Golf Park